Point to point, Not too Informative
Part 1 (2 to 3 pages)
PLEASE SUMMARIZE THE ARTICLE BELOW;
Part 2 (6 to 7 Pages)
Reconnaissance is key for a WhiteHat Penetration testing. In this module you will learn more about preparing for the hack by thoroughly researching the target first.
The companies that you have been asked to carry out the WhiteHat Penetration tests are one you have not worked for and have little information. Research will be the important first step to prepare for this job. Often this is the step too many testers overlook. You need to know how to gather reliable information.You will need to learn how to go from only the name of a company to â€œowning the systems inside the networkâ€.
First, you need to learn as much about the target as possible. Footprinting, also called profiling or information gathering, is the way the research is conducted.Learn how by:
- Read Chapter 6 â€“ Web Services Footprinting in Hacking Web Serviceshttp://library.books24x7.com.ezp-02.lirn.net/assetviewer.aspx?bookid=26193&chunkid=578925345
- Read Chapter 2 Footprinting a UC Network http://library.books24x7.com.ezp-02.lirn.net/assetviewer.aspx?bookid=59135&chunkid=656344685
- Watch Ethical hacking:Footprinting and reconnaissance tutorial.https://youtu.be/p0wJlD6UnEg
Second, practice footprinting and reconnaissance in the virtual iLabs.
- Certified Ethical Hacker v9 CEH CEHv9, Module 02 Footprinting and Reconnaissance
- Certified Ethical Hacker v9 CEH CEHv9, Module 03 Scanning Networks
- Certified Ethical Hacker v9 CEH CEHv9, Module 04 Enumeration
- Certified Ethical Hacker v9 CEH CEH9, Module 05 System Hacking
Task 2: Conduct reconnaissance and footprinting on the companies.Provide as many details about the companies as you can find.Then carry out further footprinting within the iLab. Remember you are still footprinting and not yet ready for penetration testing. Download screen shots of your set up and process for footprinting and submit them along with a report of the findings. NOTE:DO NOT attempt to carry out footprinting on the company directly.You may collect data that is readily available on the Internet.
Discussion Reply (200 Words each)
Agreed or dis-agreed? why?
Find discussion in attachment below.