1. Applying the Sociological Perspectives
Refer to Ch. 1 to review the three major sociological perspectives.
Use all three perspectives (functionalism, conflict and interactionism) to analyze one of the following issues: fraternities and sororities, social networking sites, or employer/employee relations.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word essay in which you complete the following:
- Give a brief introduction that identifies the issue you have chosen and why.
- Describe in three separate paragraphs how each perspective would view or explain the issue.
- Include elements of culture and how humans learn, develop, and become integrated into society.
- Provide a conclusion that discusses which perspective you think is most applicable to the issue or how the three perspectives complement one another in understanding the issue.