- Assignment 2: Loads of Fun
Leaders, as discussed in weeks 4, 5, and 6 have a need to develop as individuals in order to be successful relationship builders. The material in these weeks focus on the ways a leader may enhance his or her personality, emotional intelligence, and relationship building skills to engage and motivate employees.
In this assessment, students will read the case study provided. The goal of this assignment is for the students to write a paper which designs a personal leadership plan for Taira Brandt who is about to take over the family business. The plan should address how Taira can facilitate her role as daughter, leader, and change agent to make a successful transition from the bosss daughter to CEO. In essence how will Taira best use her individual skills to transition to her new role as CEO?
- use leadership theories, assessment tools, and an understanding of the role of ethics, values, and attitudes to evaluate and enhance personal leadership skills
- develop and implement methods for establishing a constructive organizational structure and culture that fosters positive employee and employer relationships
- evaluate the culture and policies of an organization to recommend and implement improvements that support its vision, success, and sustainability
- assess the interactions between the external environment and the organization to foster responsible and effective leadership and organizational practices