- Web-Based Research Paper:
Each student will write a brief paper using web-based research on a company of your choice, i.e., any company (public, private, for/non-profit, etc.) with a website.
- What are the competitive dimensions that form the competitive position of the company?
- What type of production and/or service processes does the company utilize?
- What are the companyâ€™s order qualifier(s) and order winner(s)?
- What is the companyâ€™s approach to social responsibility?
- What is the companyâ€™s approach to outsourcing and/or offshoring?
- What is the companyâ€™s approach to sustainability?
- You must also include three (3) questions that you would ask if you had an interview with the company
- Each student must submit both a hardcopy of the paper on no later than the due date and a softcopy through the TurnItIn feature of Blackboard to check for plagiarism.
The body of the paper should be one-page, single spaced with 12 point font (papers longer or shorter than one page will be penalized).
The paper shall also have a Cover page and a References page.
The paper must be well written in paragraph format and should be both spell-checked and â€œclarity-checkedâ€.
The paper must include the name of the company, description of the business, primary goods/services, location of headquarters, the internet address and why you selected this particular company
The paper must also address at least two (2) Operations Management topics as listed in the course outline. Some examples are listed below: