Siemens Needs to Clean Up Around the Globe
Can a government legislate morality? Maybe not but it can legislate behavior. That legislation may not always stop bad behavior but if properly enforced, it may make violators sorry what they did and serve as an example to deter others. The FCPA was intended to stop bribery or at least stop companies that are either based or operate in the US from engaging in bribery. The law did not stop Siemens from bribery but it did make the practice expensive for the firm.
Address the following in your paper:
- What are the costs and benefits of bribery to a business?
- Is the FCPA unnecessarily harsh or do its provisions dispense the appropriate level of punishment?
- In your view, how heavily should Siemens be fined? In addition to fines, what else can be done?
- Are some of Siemens employees bad apples or is Siemens a bad barrel?
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 750 1250 words (approximately 3 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1 margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources su