Choose an infectious disease that is currently a human health risk.
Research your topic using online sources such as the NIH, CDC, and WHO.
Write a 350- to 525-word blog entry on the disease. You are getting the word out to your chosen audience. Answer the following questions:
- Describe the cause and symptoms of the disease.
- Which populations are most susceptible to infection? How is the disease transmitted?
- Is there a vaccine or treatment available for the disease?
- Is the disease new or has it occurred in the past?
- Does the disease present a significant problem for the human population globally, or is it localized?
Format the reference consistent with APA guidelines.
- What are the major controllable risk factors for contracting infectious diseases? Using this knowledge, how would you change your lifestyle to prevent such infections?
- What would you do if you were at a restaurant and observed a restaurant employee leaving the rest room without washing his or her hands?
- Do you believe you are taking the appropriate steps in your home to protect against things like food borne illnesses? If so, what are you doing? If not, what could you do differently?
- Do you believe that food safety scores are a good reflection of a restaurants safety and sanitation practices? Please explain.
- Many people believe that the flu vaccine can actually cause someone to contract the flu? If this true or just a myth?
- Would a nutrient-dense diet help protect you from chronic diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, or cancer? Please explain why or why not. Does childhood obesity affect the chances of developing a cardiovascular disease as an adult? Please explain why or why not?
- Does your current diet either promote or prevent the onset of diseases such as diabetes or cardiovascular disease? If you believe your diet is promoting the onset of such diseases, what are three changes you could make to minimize your risks?
- The Healthy Cardiovascular System brief discussion