Responses to each question are expected to be between 100 and 200 words. Will not be penalized for exceeding 200 words, but they should strive to reach a minimum of 100 words when constructing the response for each question.
- What are the three components of the CIA triangle? Describe what they are used for and provide examples of threats that could impact each component.
- Why do employees constitute one of the greatest threats to information security? How can organizations mitigate the threats presented by employees?
- What is access control? Describe the four mechanisms upon which all access control approaches rely on and provide examples of each one.
- In order to properly convey the importance of security and justify the need to establish controls to upper management it is important to clearly understand the following terms; threat, threat agent, vulnerability, and exposure. Describe the difference between a threat and a threat agent, as well as the difference between a vulnerability and exposure.
- Firewalls are a critical technical control that both enterprise and personal security programs rely heavily upon. What is a firewall? Identify and describe the differences between the three types of packet filtering firewalls.