Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses.
Describe some of your take-aways from this course. Consider all of the topics including use of digital tools when responding. Reflect on Chapter 7, Mills (2014) and the discussion on a variety of challenges action researchers face when implementing positive change. Do not respond in list form. These are merely prompts to get you thinking:
- What concepts or principles have you learned from this course that you might use in your work setting?
- How do you feel about conducting action research now, compared to before you started this course?
- Describe how you perceive the value of qualitative and quantitative data when considering improvements.
- How do you plan to use the knowledge you gained in this course to be a positive change agent in your own work setting? In other words, what are your next steps?
- What potential challenges or obstacles do you predict facing in your current or future role as an educator when implementing positive change (lack of resources, resistance to change, reluctance to interfere with others professional practices, reluctance to admit difficult truths, difficulty finding a forum to share what you have learned, lack of time for action research endeavors, unsupportive administration, other)?
- Describe how you would apply what you have learned regarding the challenges of implementing educational change to overcome potential obstacles that you may encounter in taking action.