In this 500-600-word, essay-style Research Proposal, you will develop the project that you intend to write about for your final Research Paper. Research Proposal should also include a list of references in APA style and should adhere to APA convention throughout for in-text citation and style.
Research Proposal must contain the following elements:
- Cover page and APA formatting:
- Purpose: The following questions should be addressed in the first paragraph of your Research Proposal, which should be dedicated to establishing your purpose for doing this particular project.
- What is your rationale for this project?
- What do you hope to learn from the project, or what to do you want to see happen as a result of it?
- Who is your audience for this project?
- What role will you play in this project: investigator or advocate?
- Statement of qualification: Address the following questions as they are applicable to your project.
- What is your investment in the topic?
- What personal experience do you bring to the topic?
- What special qualities do you bring to the project?
- How might your investment, experience, and special qualities make you particularly apt at developing this
- Tentative argument: Address the following questions.
- What is the context surrounding your topic? In other words, is there some event that was a catalyst for bringing your topic into the public eye? (Optional)
- What is your explanation or definition of the topic?
- What is your analysis of the specific issue surrounding your topic?
- What is your tentative thesis statement or hypothesis?
Formal Sentence Outline
- Cover page and APA formatting
- Thesis statement
- Headings and subheadings:you must include at least four headings in your outline indicated by roman numerals (I, II, III, IV). Each of these headings must have atleast two subheadings, indicated by capital letters (A,B, C).
Thesis: Hydrogen cars might be the futures best hope for an environment
-friendly family vehicle, but the unstable nature of the hydrogen that powers them is not worth the risk of personal injury.
- There have been a number of alternative cars designed in the last decade, but none that are as efficient as the hydrogen models. (Heading)
- Efficiency for alternative car models means production costs do not exceed the financial strain of consumers. (Subheading)
- Hybrid cars are not as efficient as electric cars. (Topic)
- Electric cars place undue energy demands on society. (Topic)
- Subheading 1.2
- Heading II
- Subheading 2.1
- Subheading 2.2