What is your philosophy of early childhood education? What strategies do you feel are most effective in facilitating higher order thinking skills? How can technology support the early childhood experience?
Ashford 3: Week 2 Assignment
Child Directed Learning Centers
You have just been employed as a preschool teacher of 4-year-old children. Identify four learning centers that you think would be most beneficial and developmentally appropriate for this age group.
- Describe each center, including the materials and equipment that would be needed.
- Explain how each center will contribute to childrens learning.
- Discuss why you chose these four centers.
- Discuss some possible barriers you may encounter when implementing these centers and how you plan to address them.
The article and video below may be helpful to you:
- Critical Issue: Organizing for Effective Early Childhood Programs and Practices
- Perfect Literacy Centers
The paper should be two to three pages in length, not including title and reference pages. Use at least one reference in addition to your text for a total of two references. You must cite each reference in your paper at least once.
Your paper should be written using the following writing guidelines:
- Use of graduate level writing with no grammar or spelling mistakes.
- Use of writing conventions such as good topic sentences, sub-headings, and transitions for ease of understanding.
- Formatted according to 6th edition APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.