After reading Understanding Multicultural Curriculum Transformation (Gorski, n.d.) and taking one of the Diversity Awareness Quizzes (Gorski, 2013), do the following:
- Describe what you learned about yourself. (This is a time to be honest with yourself.)
- Identify which quiz you took
- Did you score better or worse than you thought you would?
- How do the results make you feel?
- What will you do differently as a teacher, if anything?
- Of what biases did the reading and quiz questions make you aware that exist within your school or school system?
- Are they biases you believe should be addressed? Explain.