WATCH& WRITE 7
After watching the video, Crash Course: Bureaucracy Basics, answer the following questions. It will be helpful for you to take notes while you watch the video.
1. Why does Craig say the distinction between big business and big government is bogus?
2. Why do we have bureaucracies?
3. List the functions bureaucracies perform.
4. What constitutional concept do bureaucracies violate and why?
5. Bureaucracies belong to which part of the government?
6. Why are bureaucratic regulations troubling to some people?
7. How does rule-making allow bureaucracies to be more democratic than Congress?
8. What is the advantage of having a federal bureaucracy
WATCH& WRITE 8
After watching the video, Crash Course: Judicial Review, answer the following questions. It will be helpful for you to take notes while you watch the video.
1. How does Craig define judicial review?
2. What are two reasons the Supreme Court doesnt invalidate congressional statutes on a regular basis?
3. What are the two real powers Craig says the Supreme Court has?
4. Where can we find the power of judicial review in the US Constitution? Where does it originate?
5. How does judicial review potentially violate the principle of separation