Vision, Mission, and Values Statements
The course is structured so that each week you will work on specific segments of your marketing plan for the Final Project that is due in Week Six. This week you will choose a specific healthcare organization (HCO) and begin examining the products and services found in the HCOs strategic plan. For this assignment, read Chapter 3 in the course text, which addresses the importance of the mission, vision, and values statements to organizations. Why is it important for an organization to have these statements? What purpose do they serve?
Next, research and choose a specific healthcare organization for your marketing plan. You could select the organization your currently work for, one you are familiar with, or one you would like to work for in the future. After selecting your HCO, conduct research online to locate the organizations strategic plan and read its vision, mission, and values statements. Add the term strategic plan after the HCOs name in the search engine box (e.g., Sharp Healthcare strategic plan) to narrow your search results.
In your assignment
- State your choice of HCO and explain why it interests you.
- State the organizations vision, mission, and values statements
- Discuss whether the organizations purpose and priorities are clearly defined
- Discuss whether the mission statement clearly separates the HCO from competing organizations.
- Include any ideas you have at this point for improving the mission statement in terms of aligning the HCOs stated priorities with its products and services.
- Discuss whether the current vision statement correctly describes the HCOs path as it implements the strategic plan.
- Could the current vision statement be utilized to motivate the organizations workforce?
- If not, how would you reword the vision statement to better reflect high ideals and aspirations to fulfill the HCOs strategic plan?
- Discuss whether the current values statement takes into consideration the values of multiple participants such as the community, employees, shareholders, and customers.
- How would you reword the current value statement to better reflect priorities found within the HCOs strategic plan?