The exam will be composed of definitions, short essay questions, and an integrated long essay question. Essays mean that you put your answer in paragraph form not list the components of the answer and provide a definition. Business Concepts
Define these concepts
Comparative advantage pattern
Criteria satisfaction pattern
Motivated sequence pattern
- Why is it important to deliver your message personally?
- Explain four of the key questions you need to ask yourself about your listeners/audience?
- Does the gender of the audience make a difference in how you prepare your presentation? Explain your answer.
- Why is knowing yourself important when making a presentation?
- What are the steps you can take to become knowledgeable of your topic?
- Explain the different types of room arrangement options and explain why it is important to your presentation.
- How do you develop the thesis of your presentation?
- Explain the basic organizational plan for a presentation.
- Explain the importance of using attention-getters in your presentation?
10.Why is brain storming topics important to preparing a presentation?
11.What is the difference between a cause-effect and criteria organizational satisfaction strategy?
12.Explain the types of opening statements.
13.Explain the types of closing statements.
14.What are the functions of supporting materials?
15.Describe 4 types of verbal supports.
16.What are quotations and what do they contribute to your presentation?
17.Why is citing your sources in your presentation important?
18.Describe the types of presentation software and the advantages and disadvantages of using them.
19.Describe the guidelines for assisting you in creating clear and neat images.
20.Explain the three patterns of presentation styles and explain when you would use them.
21.What is wrong with memorizing your presentation?
22.What are the visual elements you need to consider when delivering a presentation?
23.We all make mistakes when presenting, why should you not emphasize them?
24.When is it best to allow questions to be asked during your presentation and how do you control this section of your presentation?
25.Why is it important to have an agenda for all meetings?
26.Why are taking and distributing minutes from a meeting important?