- Write a 4 page explanation of visual aesthetic principles in art from the Baroque period through the early twentieth century. Then, assess the impact of contemporary aesthetic principles as used in commercial design.
- This assessment allows you to demonstrate your understanding of foundational principles in the visual arts.
The history and development of the visual arts can best be understood through a series of distinct periods or movements. The Assessment 5 Context document provides a brief overview of some of the major periods of art history and as well as the artists who were the key contributors to each period or movement. You may wish to review this document for important concepts and ideas.
Questions to Consider
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
Click the links provided to view the following resources:
- Assessment 5 Context. SEE ATTACHED
Click the link provided below to view the following multimedia piece:
The following e-books or articles from the University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Carl, K. H., & Charles, V. (2009). Baroque art. New York, NY: Parkstone International.
- Cottington, D. (2005). Modern art: A very short introduction. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press.