Select a U.S. city of your choice.
Write a 1,400- to 2,100-word paper in which you analyze the criminal profile of your selected city. Include the following information in your analysis:
- Characterization of the city in terms of social and intellectual context
- Identity of social factors that contribute to crime
- Linking of events or attitudes to a description of beliefs people living there would accept for explaining criminal behavior
- Consideration of changes in land use, property values, transportation, and retail as one moves away from the city center
- If there are changes, what distance do you estimate exist between these areas?
- How noticeable are the changes?
- Discussion of whether or not zones of transition apply to this city
- Identification of criminal hot spots
- Relevant data to support answers
- How your findings relate to the role of socioeconomic status and values in criminological theory
- Identification and rationale for the choice of one sociologic theory that best explains the crime in your chosen city