Due Date: Sep 07, 2016 23:59:59 Max Points: 190
Reducing prejudice and stereotyping are common concerns for educators particularly those developing the instruments used for high-stakes academic competency testing. In this assignment, you will explore the connection of cognitive psychology to learning and instruction by studying the mitigation of prejudice and stereotyping in high-stakes academic competency testing.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Write a paper of 750-1,000 words that explores how cognitive psychology is used in the development of high-stakes academic competency tests to mitigate prejudice and stereotyping in the test items. Include the following:
- A brief review of the theories of cognitive psychology and their applications to learning and instruction. (Benchmarks C 3.4: Apply the theories of cognitive psychology to learning and instruction.)
- A discussion of how cognitive psychology can mitigate prejudice in the creation of high-stakes academic competency test items.
- A discussion of how cognitive psychology can mitigate stereotyping in the creation of high-stakes academic competency test items.